Get some fresh air and exercise while saving the planet, working flexible hours and earning a little extra money. Sound good to you? Then you might consider becoming a bike courier.
Bike delivery services are essential in crowded urban centers like New York, but they’re popular in other cities, as well. Here are a few companies that are hiring right now:
1. Postmates (San Francisco) — up to $25/hour
“A Postmate is like a friend who can stop by a restaurant or store and pick up anything you need,” according to this app-based delivery service’s website.
2. InstaCart (multiple cities nationwide) — Up to $25/hour
InstaCart workers shop for and then deliver goods to customers’ door, by foot, bike, car or public transportation.
3. Right Coast Couriers (Boston) — $10 to $20/hour
4. Denver Boulder Couriers (Denver and Boulder, Colo.) — $10/hour to start
5. Munchery (New York and San Francisco) — Up to $25/hour